5 Days Morocco Tour from Casablanca / Morocco Imperial Cities Tour / Short Morocco Desert Tour / Morocco Camel Trekking Tour / Sahara Desert tour from Casablanca / Casablanca to Marrakech Desert Trip / 5 Day 4 Night Morocco Excursion
Day 1: ARRIVAL TO CASABLANCA
We will pick you up in the Riad or at the airport depending on the arrival time and start our tour towards Marrakech.
Day 2: MARRAKECH - OUARZAZATE - ZAGORA
In the morning and after a good Moroccan breakfast our journey will start for Zagora through the High Atlas Mountains and crossing the pass of Tizi n'Tichka at 2,260 meters of altitude. This is undoubtedly one of the most impressive areas of Morocco with its people, its villages, its habitats and above all its landscapes. Throughout our journey on the road, we find villages far from all civilization; and old Kasbahs that appear completely demolished. We will arrive at the ancient Kasbah of AIT BENHADDOU; a UNESCO World Heritage site located on a hill and next to the Ounila River, it was the old caravan route between the Sahara and Marrakesh. This small town with extraordinary beauty typically consists of overlapping houses and is surrounded by a continuous wall, is also well known for the filming of many famous blockbusters such as: Gladiator, Asterix and Obelix, The Kingdom of Heaven, Prince of Persia etc. ... we will make a stop to eat and visit this magnificent Kasbah. We continue southwards through the Anti Atlas Mountains passing through the DRAA valley, an oasis of about 100 km that ends in the Sahara desert, we will be able to see the Kasbahs and the ksars (fortified villages) that exude an impressive attraction for travellers. We will arrive around 16:00 pm in the desert where our camels will be waiting for us to watch the sunset in the middle of the golden dunes and where you will arrive at an oasis in the heart of the desert where everything is prepared for you to spend an unforgettable Berber night; with the welcome mint tea reception, the nomadic dinner and time to enjoy the idyllic silence of the desert, the sweet lines of the dunes and the magnificent spectacle of millions of stars or the intense light of the full moon, an experience you will never forget.
Day 3: ZAGORA - MARRAKECH
It is best to get up early if we want to witness the beautiful sunrise that the desert offers us, so it is best to go up to the highest dune to see the sun appear on the horizon illuminating the immense sea of ??reddish sand that extends around us until it rises triumphant in all its fullness. Then we will ride our camels to return to the civilization, to have a good shower and take a relaxing breakfast. We follow the Draa Valley with its oasis of greenery, adobe kasbahs and unique contrasts. As our return route to Marrakech passes through Ouarzazate, we will make a stop at Kasbah Taourirt; declared a UNESCO world heritage site, it was the residence of one of the most powerful governors of the region and is currently the headquarters of an organization in charge of conservation of the Moroccan architectural heritage. It was one of the most beautiful Kasbahs in Morocco, there is much to admire, inside the walls are of impressive thickness to maintain the interior temperature and protect from the strength of the wind and the sand. Crossing over the High Atlas Mountains, we will arrive in Marrakech in the middle of the afternoon. Accommodation.
Day 4: MARRAKECH - MARRAKECH guided tour
Today you will have the day free to discover for yourself this wonderful city: these are some of the interesting sites of this city:
- The Menara Gardens; a mirror of the Muslim Paradise on earth, this peaceful garden is special for walking and its charm is located in the central area around a huge artificial pond, the legend tells that these gardens were used by the sultans for their dating.
- The Saadian Tombs; one of the most visited places of Marrakech, were opened to the public in 1917, the year in which they were discovered. In the same garden you can see more than 100 tombs decorated with mosaics, in them are buried the bodies of the servants and warriors of the Saadian dynasty.
- The Bahia Palace; a palace and gardens built with the intention of being the biggest palace of all times and residence of the former Vizier, it includes a patio decorated with a central basin and surrounded by rooms.
- The Koutoubia Mosque; one of the most representative monuments of the city, it stands out because of its 69 metre high minaret making it the tallest building in the city and a recognisable landmark.
- Djemaa El Fna Square; you will be surprised by its enormous dimensions in spite of being placed in the centre of the Medina with a maze of narrow streets and alleyways leading off. You will also be surprised when the square completely changes its scenery by day as a fabulous souk and at night it turns into a swarm of food stalls where people gather around for dinner.
Dinner and accommodation.
Day 5: MARRAKECH
Transfer to the airport at the agreed time and end of our services.