Trekking in Morocco
Morocco Winter Hiking in the Atlas Mountains and the great Sahara desert ( Toubkal- Imlil - Saghrou Mountains - Megoun - Erg Chegagga and Erg Chebbi)
- Discover Morocco`s most dramatic desert landscapes
- Winter trekking in the Sahara Desert
- The great golden dunes of Erg Chebbi near Merzouga
- An authentic trek with camel support
This Moroccan adventure holiday begins from Marrakech; we drive across the High Atlas Mountains to Merzouga, to a desert camp in the Merzouga Dunes. Here, we meet our Berber cook team and Sahara camel guide and set off on an unforgettable journey into the desert. We walk for around 4-5 hours a day, stopping for a delicious lunch in a shaded spot and we will camp each night on the open sand of the dunes - under star-filled Saharan skies.
We will enjoy a tasty glass of tea with the local crew around the camp fire; we will go hiking on little-used trails and watch the sunset between the highest dunes: all part of this magical desert holiday. We reach a high point of the great dunes of Znigue making this is a winter walking holiday with a real difference!
Is this holiday for you?
This holiday involves walking for 4 to 5 hours each day over a variety of terrain from hard rock to soft desert sand. All our camping and personal equipment is carried by camels so it is only necessary to carry a small day-pack with daily essential items like water and your sand proofed camera.
Winter daytime temperatures in the desert are not so hot and walking at this time of year will be quite comfortable. We camp in the desert for 3 nights at an equipped desert camp with shower facilities for 2 nights.
What we recommend you bring with you:
- Soft travel bag: please limit the weight to around 15kg per person as they have to be carried by camels.
- Small Day bag
- Lightweightwalking shoes
- Sleeping bag
- Flashlight or headlamp
- Water bottles or camel back capacity 2 litres
- Breathable layers for day time
- Fleece layer for the evening
- Warm jacket and waterproof
- Protection for your head from the sun
- Scarf for sand protection
- 30 plus sunscreen
- Trek towel and toiletries
- Biodegradable wipes
- Change of clothes: depending on how many days you are trekking)
- Personal medication and first aid
- Motion and travel sickness tablets if you are prone to it.
- Memory cards and power packs for recharging devices.
- If you wear contact lenses, bring glasses as the sand can irritate
- Identification documents, insurancedocuments etc.
Morocco Camel Trekking
Morocco Camel Trekking